There is a new thing happening at the Common Place.
The church leadership realized that because of the restricted space we have at the coffee shop it could be a long time before we are able to meet there. We have been researching other larger venues that could accommodate our church at this time.
God has graciously opened a creative opportunity for us! The Roxy Movie Theatre downtown has graciously offered to rent their main theatre to us for church on Sunday morning.
Our first gathering there is next Sunday, June 14th at 10 am. There will be live preaching and live worship.
At this point in time we are unable to offer children’s ministry, but we encouraged families to worship together and we welcome the noise that may bring!
This location puts us in the center of our city, and I think provides new opportunities to reach new people in our community with the love of Jesus.
Much like the coffee shop, the theatre is a safe and well-known environment. In fact, many of the things we love about church in a coffee shop are reflected in church in a movie theatre.
The church ministry team Is asking that you respect the following safety expectations at this time.
- Please wear a mask while entering and moving around the building. Masks may be removed while seated (disposable masks will be provided for anyone who does not have one).
- If you are seated in the balcony, we ask that you wear a mask at all times.
- Social distancing measures will include every other row being open and keeping 3 open seats between family units.
- No hugs or high fives at this time (so sorry, extroverts!)
Some healthy practices we will incorporate at this time include:
- The Roxy theater staff will be disinfecting before and after church
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available
- Touchless worship means no bulletins and we ask that you please continue to give online.
As always, if you are sick, high risk, been exposed to someone being tested for Covid-19, or are just generally uncomfortable with the above protocols, we would encourage you to stay home. We will continue to offer our online church service for the foreseeable future.
As we slowly begin to reopen our public gatherings, I am anticipating a fresh move of God. Would you pray that we can walk into the harvest opportunity in front of us?
See you soon,