Live worship gatherings will resume this Sunday at the Roxy in addition to our live streaming service on Facebook. Previous safety procedures are still in affect. We look forward to seeing you soon!
I am writing to let you know that Common Place Church will be pausing our in-person services at the Roxy and moving online for the next four weeks. After much prayer and listening to the counsel of our district leadership, the elders feel that this is a helpful and loving response to our community in this difficult season. After 4 weeks we will evaluate meeting at the Roxy again.
We hope you will join us online this Sunday at 10 am. We are planning an interactive service on Facebook, so tune in and participate with us!
I know that this is the time of year that we usually experience lots of human connection with friends and family. The loss of that interaction can take a very real emotional and mental toll on us. I pray that our church will find creative ways in this time to safely connect with each other. If you need prayer or a listening ear, don’t hesitate to reach out to our elder team or another church family member.
With much love,
Pastor Josh and the elder team.
In light of the rising Covid-19 cases in our region and the recent mask order from the Department of Health, the elders have asked the congregation to make the following adjustments at our Sunday gatherings.
- We are asking all Sunday morning attenders to wear their masks during the entirety of the service, even while seated.
- All volunteers will be temperature checked prior to serving on Sunday.
- Pre-school children attending our Kids ministry on Sunday will be temperature checked prior to drop-off.
- All other social distancing and sanitizing procedures are still in effect.
On a pastoral note, the elders realize that mask wearing for the entire service may be uncomfortable, but we feel that in our current environment it is the most loving way to help serve and protect our neighbors. As usual, we continue to live stream our gatherings on Facebook for those unable to attend in person. Thanks for your understanding,
For the foreseeable future, Common Place Church will be gathering at the Roxy Movie Theater in downtown Lock Haven. We are excited to be gathering in this very common place together as the church every Sunday morning at 10 AM.
This location puts us in the center of our city, and provides new opportunities to reach new people in our community with the love of Jesus.
Much like the coffee shop, the theater is a safe and well-known environment. In fact, many of the things we love about church in a coffee shop are reflected in church in a movie theater.
The church ministry team Is asking that you respect the following safety expectations at this time.
- Please wear a mask the entire time you are in the building (disposable masks will be provided for anyone who does not have one).
- Social distancing measures will include every other row being open and keeping 3 open seats between family units.
- No hugs or high fives at this time (so sorry, extroverts!)
Some healthy practices we will incorporate at this time include:
- The Roxy theater staff will be disinfecting before and after church
- Hand sanitizer stations are available near the theater doors
As always, if you are sick, high risk, been exposed to someone being tested for Covid-19, or are just generally uncomfortable with the above protocols, we would encourage you to stay home. We will continue to offer our online church service for the foreseeable future on Facebook.