For the foreseeable future, Common Place Church will be gathering at the Roxy Movie Theater in downtown Lock Haven. We are excited to be gathering in this very common place together as the church every Sunday morning at 10 AM.
This location puts us in the center of our city, and provides new opportunities to reach new people in our community with the love of Jesus.
Much like the coffee shop, the theater is a safe and well-known environment. In fact, many of the things we love about church in a coffee shop are reflected in church in a movie theater.
The church ministry team Is asking that you respect the following safety expectations at this time.
- Please wear a mask while entering and moving around the building. Masks may be removed while seated (disposable masks will be provided for anyone who does not have one).
- Social distancing measures will include every other row being open and keeping 3 open seats between family units.
- No hugs or high fives at this time (so sorry, extroverts!)
Some healthy practices we will incorporate at this time include:
- The Roxy theater staff will be disinfecting before and after church
- Hand sanitizer stations are available near the theater doors
While we are not initially hosting children's ministries, we are working on providing healthy and safe alternatives to accommodate our children into our family friendly worship services. Space is available in the lobby as well if needed.
As always, if you are sick, high risk, been exposed to someone being tested for Covid-19, or are just generally uncomfortable with the above protocols, we would encourage you to stay home. We will continue to offer our online church service for the foreseeable future on Facebook.